About PDA - Our History
PDA focuses on education and the correct application of polyurea product(s).
• Clearly define polyurea as a type of elastomer that is derived from the reaction product of an isocyanate component and a synthetic resin blend component through step-growth polymerization.
• Develop marketing and industry communication programs
• Serve as a clearinghouse for the dissemination of information regarding polyurea and other thick-film elastomeric products via e-mail and Website
• Establish protocol and standards for polyurea applications
• Act as the premier industry training avenue through the development and delivery of industry approved education programs
• Organize and host industry trade meetings as a forum for technical reviews, new product introductions, dissemination of information related to industry trends and pertinent legislation, and to encourage member networking
Beginning in 2000 the Polyurea Development Association (later shortened to PDA) was the trade association that represented polyurea technology. Its volunteers worked tirelessly to help explain, train and promote this amazing technology.
In the ensuing years, PDA has expanded its reach to include thick-film high performance elastomers as well as still being the leading voice of polyurea technology. By adding adjacent technologies like urethanes and hybrids that have similar uses, as well as related primers and topcoats, PDA has become a clearinghouse for applicators, formulators, raw material companies and others involved in our industry.
For more than a decade, PDA has strived to advance and promote the market for polyurea and polyurethane elastomeric technologies by leveraging the shared knowledge of our members.