The Contractor's Corner offers, in one space, contract opportunities for polyurea and coatings contractors and applicators.
Deer Creek Park, TX
The City of Deer Park is currently seeking contractors to rehabilitate and re-coat the Coy Street elevated water storage tank in Deer Park, Texas. Bids are due July 22.
Scope of Work
- This project involves rehabilitating and re-coating the interior and exterior surfaces of an existing 500,000-gallon elevated water storage tank.
- Contractors will abrasive blast clean the interior surfaces to a Commercial finish (SSPC-SP 6). The interior surfaces will be coated with a zinc-rich primer and two-coat epoxy system.
- The exterior surfaces will be abrasive blast cleaned to a Commercial finish (SSPC-SP 6). The exterior surfaces will be coated with a zinc-rich primer, epoxy intermediate, polyurethane intermediate and fluoropolymer finish.
- A logo will also be painted on the exterior of the tank.
- Containment and dehumidification work are required.
- The owner-approved coating manufacturers include Sherwin-Williams and Tnemec.
Florida Department of Transportation
The Florida Department of Transportation is seeking contractors to perform coating and bridge deck repairs on the William Lehman Causeway Intracoastal Waterway Bridges in Miami-Dade County, Florida.
The contract is estimated to cost $2.5 million and bids are due Sept. 24 (the original bid date was July 30).
Scope of Work
- The Florida Department of Transportation is requesting contractors to submit bids for cleaning, painting and repairing steel structures on the two William Lehman Causeway bridge structures spanning the Intracoastal Waterway. Work will be performed on bridge numbers 870606 and 870607.
- Work will also include repairing of bridge deck surfaces, underside concrete repair and drainage improvements. The contract is set to begin November 2020.
- The project includes 83,743 square feet of cleaning and coating concrete surfaces with a Class 5 Smooth Finish system. The owner-approved manufacturers include BASF, Euclid, Chemmasters, Textured Coatings of America and Sherwin-Williams. The contractor will also furnish eight gallons of penetrating sealant for application to concrete surfaces.
- Work will include cleaning and coating of existing structural steel, including abrasive blast-cleaning to Bare Metal (SSPC-SP 11), Hand-Tool cleaning (SSPC-SP 2) or Power-Tool cleaning (SSPC-SP 3) to remove all existing coatings. The structural steel will then be coated with an organic zinc-rich system. This system is subject to change to project requirements.
- Certifications to SSPC-QP 1, QP 2 and QP 3 are required.
Venture Dynamics Enterprises, Inc. - San Diego, CA
- Apply and remove various paint coatings on ships and non-nuclear components, interior/exterior surfaces, and submarine preservation per NAVSEA Standard Item (009-32).
- Prepare non-nuclear material for preservation by abrasive blasting, including shipboard blasting of hulls, tanks and superstructures and shop blasting of ship components and other items in accordance with NAVSEA Standard Item (009-32).
- Marine Blaster must the following requirements/skills:
- 3+ years of ship maintenance and repair experience on Naval vessels
- Must be able to set up, operate, and maintain industrial paint spraying equipment, airless painting equipment, and sandblasting equipment in accordance with OSHA, federal, state and local standards and requirements for shipyard work.
- Must have shipboard experience removing machinery, equipment and other structural parts
- Blasters certified in accordance with SSPC C-7 or NAVSEA-approved equivalent. For equivalent certifications, a copy of the NAVSEA approval letter shall be provided
- Must have own transportation
- Must be US Citizen
- Must pass drug and background screening and be eligible to obtain a DBID Badge